the indications and contraindications of laser TURP is as belows:
(1) The obstruction is caused by benign prostatic hyperplasia symptoms and signs, such as nocturia more times, difficulty urinating, urine flow thinning, interrupted urination. An increase in residual urine of more than 60ml or urinary retention occurred
(2) determined to cerebral vascular complications in patients with stable angina takes at least three months, after examination myocardial infarction patients recovered would require six months in patients with cerebral vascular accident in stable condition after 2 months, diabetic patients in the cancer is under control before underwent transurethral resection of the prostate. Combined urinary retention, urinary tract infection in patients with drainage of urine which should firstly control the infection, before the transurethral resection of the prostate.
(3) benign prostatic hyperplasia glands in patients are with less than 60g suitable for transurethral resection of the prostate laser TURP.
Contraindication for surgery patients
(1) cardio-cerebral vascular disease: severe hypertension, acute myocardial infarction, failed to control heart failure, recent hemiplegia is due to cerebrovascular accidents.
(2) respiratory diseases: severe bronchial asthma, emphysema, pulmonary infection, lung function significantly impaired.
(3) a serious liver and kidney dysfunction.
(4) systemic haemorrhagic disease.
(5) severely diabetic condition has not been controller.
(6) acute urinary tract infection in the reproductive system were not brought under control.
(7) The proliferation of the gland is too large to do more than 60g ,which are generally not suitable for transurethral resection of the prostate due to a longer operative time, bleeding is relatively large. But for those who experienced surgery,which is not an absolute contraindication.
(8) patients with pacemakers should not accept this procedure in general. However, some people do not think it’s as contraindication.
Transurethral resection of the majority of contraindication is relative, patient’s condition is improved after treatment, in closely monitored conditions that can be done transurethral resection of the prostate laser TURP surgery.